“Termites cause more damage to homes than all other events combined.”
Most Arizona residents are aware it’s not if…but when…will a termite colony invade their home. How do I tell if I have termites?
Termites cause billions of dollars in structural damage across the country every year. In northern areas of the country cold weather slows down termite destruction…not in Arizona where mild year round temperatures allow termites to continue their mayhem 24/7. As you view this page…hundreds to thousands…of Arizona homeowners are unaware their home is under attack by Arizona termites. Even more frightening is that many of these infestations will not be discovered for years. By then it may be too late.
Free Inspection 602.308.4510
Arizona is home to at least 17 different species of termites. In fact one of the most destructive species of termites found in the North America can be found throughout the Phoenix area. The best protection against termite damage is to have your home inspected at least once a year by an experienced termite inspector familiar with all species of termites found in Arizona. Just as termites in Arizona are different…so are exterminators. Almost every termite inspector is knows that mud tubes going up a stem wall is a sign of subterranean termites. Few can distinguish the exact species, or can tell the difference between Dry wood termite fecal pellets and cricket droppings. It takes a trained and experienced exterminator to detect the subtle signs of infestation by some of our less common types of termites. Missing termite evidence will no doubt lead to damage repair costs and a loss of a home’s resale value.
Homeowners wanting to know how do I tell if I have termites should be familiar with some of the obvious signs of termite infestations such as mud tube along outside stem walls, or damage to wood members etc. Catching a termite infestation early can save a homeowner thousands of dollars in termite damage repair costs.
Five signs to tell if you have Arizona termites
Signs of subterranean termites —
- Flying winged termites (swarmers) are often visible in your home when they swarm, or you may find the wings they have shed.
- Damaged wood has the remains of mud tubes attached to wood tunnels in irregular patterns. White termites are also often found in the infested wood.
- Mud shelter tubes extending from the ground along your foundation or coming out of garage expansion joints are also a sign of termites. Each tube is about the diameter of a lead pencil.
Signs of drywood termites —
- Salt and pepper-like fecal pellets with six longitudinal ridges are often evident – similar to cricket droppings
- Larger than subterranean termites, drywood termites are dark brown with black wings and a reddish brown head and thorax.
Seeing signs of termites? If you have termites…or suspect termites…DON’T PANIC!!! Call Arizona’s termite experts for a evaluation. We can determine if you have termites, identify the species and offer affordable solutions. If we find you don’t have termites…GREAT. We can point out conditions around your home that may attract them and offer corrective solutions so you can protect your home from attack. The termite inspection is FREE!!! For more information about how do I tell if I have termites or termite treatment services give us a call.