How do I tell if I have termites
Termites cause billions of dollars in structural damage across the country every year. In northern areas of the country cold weather slows down termite destruction…not in Arizona where mild year round temperatures allow termites to continue their mayhem 24/7. As you view this page…hundreds to thousands…of Arizona homeowners are unaware their home is under attack by Arizona termites.
The best protection against termite damage is to have your home inspected at least once a year by an experienced termite inspector familiar with all species of termites found in Arizona.
Homeowners wanting to know how do I tell if I have termites should be familiar with some of the obvious signs of termite infestations such as mud tube along outside stem walls, or damage to wood members etc. Catching a termite infestation early can save a homeowner thousands of dollars in termite damage repair costs.
Bills Pest Termite Control offers free yearly termite inspections…protect your home and call Arizona’s Termite Experts today.
Five signs to tell if you have Arizona termites
Signs of subterranean termites —
- Flying winged termites (swarmers) are often visible in your home when they swarm, or you may find the wings they have shed.
- Damaged wood has the remains of mud tubes attached to wood tunnels in irregular patterns. White termites are also often found in the infested wood.
- Mud shelter tubes extending from the ground along your foundation or coming out of garage expansion joints are also a sign of termites. Each tube is about the diameter of a lead pencil.
Signs of drywood termites —
- Salt and pepper-like fecal pellets with six longitudinal ridges are often evident – similar to cricket droppings
- Larger than subterranean termites, drywood termites are dark brown with black wings and a reddish brown head and thorax.
If you have termites…or suspect termites…DON’T PANIC!!! Call Arizona’s termite experts for a free inspection. We can determine if you have termites, identify the species and offer affordable solutions. The inspection is FREE!!!